Customized implementation of Policy Center for diverse Inland Marine coverages across 6 states
- Constrained with legacy Policy administration systems catering to 14 LOBs.
- Agents were unhappy due to poor turnaround times, manual interventions and duplicate data entry.
- Client had diverse coverage types for Inland Marine which were not supported by Out-of-the-Box (OTB) by Guidewire.
- Ability to offer diverse coverages to it’s customers within Inland Marine.
- Enhance Agents experience by improving turn around time of policy issuance.
- Reduce operational costs by eliminating manual interventions and seamless integration across dependent systems.
New product development / Product Design
- Gap analysis of clients various Inland Marine coverage types and Guidewire OTB features concluded the need for custom development of Inland Marine product in Guidewire.
- Designed the client specific Inland marine product (catering to 24 coverage types) from scratch in Guidewire. Developed Rating engine (Tables, Algorithms, Rules).
- Rolling out to 6 mid western states (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin).
- Agile implementation.
- Onsite : Offshore model to optimize costs.
Key Highlights & Value Adds
- Adopted Guidewire’s custom product creation approach.
- Being one of its kind, and no similar reference from past, designed and created the product baseline. Designed reusable sections that improved productivity and would help in maintenance.
- Streamlined the process in subsequent sprints.
- The custom product is catering to various coverage types of Inland Marine fulfilling the diverse customer requirements.
- With the baseline in place, client is able to create / offer newer coverage types.
- Enhanced agents experience.
- Automation and seamless integration leading to lower operational costs.